ALS Full membership is open to those who hold a Level 3 Lipspeaking qualification and who are registered with the National Register of Communication Professionals with Deaf People, herein known as NRCPD, as a Lipspeaker. The current cost is £40 per year.
To apply for Full membership please click here.
Membership offers you:
- Free advertising in the Directory on the ALS website
- The opportunity to keep up with news and views through our regularly updated website and emails, training days and workshops covering many areas of professional development.
- Conference – with speakers covering topics of concern to lipspeakers and current interest in the field of deafness.
- Summer workshop – (CPD points = 6).
- Annual General Meeting – where members are able to influence the work of the Association – (CPD points = 6).
- An active committee that works on your behalf to see that lipspeaking and its good practice is promoted, recognised and made available as widely as possible.
- Attend training arranged by the ALS at a reduced rate
- Have regular news updates from the Information Officer
- To be part of the close community of Lipspeakers through events
(You are only NRCPD registered if you have this badge)